State of Nevada Association for Addiction Professionals SNAAP is dedicated to the development of addiction focus professionals by unifying and empowering them to achieve professional excellence through education ethics in diversity and standards of practices through professional development and research. SNAAP is an affiliate of NAADAC. By joining SNAAP you are also member of NAADAC.
What Does It Cost?
Student: $32.00, Associate: $64.00, Military: $65.00, Professional: $115.00
How Do I Join?
By joining SNAAP you become a member of NAADAC!
In Southern Nevada, we hold monthly meetings on the first Friday of every month. Our next meeting:
November 15, 2017 at 9am
at PACT Coalition
3110 Polaris Ave. Suite 6
Las Vegas, NV 89102
702-582- PACT (7228)
Benefits of Joining SNAAP
- Over 75 hours of FREE CE credits through NAADAC's Webinar Series (worth $1,125), available online and on demand 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Free subscription to NAADAC's official magazine, Advances in Addiction and Recovery
- Discounted rates on nine NAADAC independent study courses (earn a total of 130 CEs)
- Discounted rates for NAADAC-sponsored conferences, public policy events, NAADAC regional meetings and workshops
- Discounted rates on all NAADAC publications, Hazelden publications, and Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly
- $100 off NCC AP national certification and re-certification of National Certified Addiction Counselor (levels I and II), Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) and other credentials until July 2016*
- Reduced rates for malpractice and liability insurance for individuals, agencies, peer recovery support specialists, and students with American Professional Agency, Inc.
- A national Code of Ethics, which raises the standard of care and the position of addiction treatment in the health care continuum
- Influential and effective advocacy at the national level that affects your funding and policies at the state, regional, and national levels
- A professional identity and association that helps preserve and honor the unique talents of addiction professionals
- 12 months of membership
- Dues include membership in NAADAC and your state affiliate
SNAAP Board of Directors
- President, David Marlon
David Marlon is the President and co-founder of Solutions Recovery, Inc., an alcohol and drug treatment center that is accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 2005, he has delivered treatment to hundreds of people struggling with chemical dependency and mental illness. Prior to forming Solutions Recovery, David worked in the insurance industry. He has more than 30 years of experience serving as Chief Operating Officer, President, and Vice President of Sierra Health Services and its subsidiaries. In the community, David has always been an active participant. Over the years, he has formed several non-profit organizations which combat substance abuse by providing education and awareness on addictive behavior, preventative methods, and the economic, physical, and social consequences of substance abuse. He has served on the Governor’s Substance Abuse Working Group, the Governor’s Rural Meth Action Team, the Board of Directors for H.E.L.P. of Southern Nevada, the Board of Directors for the 10,000 Kids Foundation and the President of (SNAAP) State of Nevada Association for Addiction Professionals. He has been honored with the Mayor’s Commendation and just recently received the Community Counseling Center of Southern Nevada’s Vanguard Award. David received his education in New York and Las Vegas. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics at the State University of New York and his Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Furthermore, he is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor Intern, a Certified Addictionologist, and a Detoxification Technician. In his spare time, David is a boxer. Lastly, but most importantly, David is a father and loves spending time with his16-year old son Owen, whether traveling, surfing, playing football, or hanging out at home.
- Treasurer, Allan Flag BA LADC
- Secretary, Summer A. Pfarr BS, CADC-Intern
- Public Outreach, Brent Poradish BA, CADC-Intern
Brent Poradish has a bachelors degree from UNLV in Psychology and is currently working on his Masters Degree in Social Work at UNLV. Brent serves on the SNAAP Board as Public Outreach Liaison and is employed at Las Vegas Recovery Center as an outpatient counselor and certified alcohol and drug counselor intern for the past 3 1/2 years.