State of Nevada Association for Addiction Professionals SNAAP is dedicated to the development of addiction focus professionals by unifying and empowering them to achieve professional excellence through education ethics in diversity and standards of practices through professional development and research. SNAAP is an affiliate of NAADAC. By joining SNAAP you are also member of NAADAC.
What Does It Cost?
Student: $32.00, Associate: $64.00, Military: $65.00, Professional: $115.00
How Do I Join?
By joining SNAAP you become a member of NAADAC!
- SNAAP Meeting:
08/21/18 @ 9am
2975 S. Rainbow Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
- SNAAP MAT Symposium - September 14, 2018
- Resource Table $200
Houston, TX at The Westin Galleria Houston
October 5-9, 2018
View Website • Registration Form • Flyer
Benefits of Joining SNAAP
- Over 75 hours of FREE CE credits through NAADAC's Webinar Series (worth $1,125), available online and on demand 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Free subscription to NAADAC's official magazine, Advances in Addiction and Recovery
- Discounted rates on nine NAADAC independent study courses (earn a total of 130 CEs)
- Discounted rates for NAADAC-sponsored conferences, public policy events, NAADAC regional meetings and workshops
- Discounted rates on all NAADAC publications, Hazelden publications, and Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly
- $100 off NCC AP national certification and re-certification of National Certified Addiction Counselor (levels I and II), Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) and other credentials until July 2016*
- Reduced rates for malpractice and liability insurance for individuals, agencies, peer recovery support specialists, and students with American Professional Agency, Inc.
- A national Code of Ethics, which raises the standard of care and the position of addiction treatment in the health care continuum
- Influential and effective advocacy at the national level that affects your funding and policies at the state, regional, and national levels
- A professional identity and association that helps preserve and honor the unique talents of addiction professionals
- 12 months of membership
- Dues include membership in NAADAC and your state affiliate
SNAAP Board of Directors
- President, David Marlon, LADC
David Marlon is the President and co-founder of Solutions Recovery, Inc., an alcohol and drug treatment center that is accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 2005, he has delivered treatment to hundreds of people struggling with chemical dependency and mental illness. Prior to forming Solutions Recovery, David worked in the insurance industry. He has more than 30 years of experience serving as Chief Operating Officer, President, and Vice President of Sierra Health Services and its subsidiaries. In the community, David has always been an active participant. Over the years, he has formed several non-profit organizations which combat substance abuse by providing education and awareness on addictive behavior, preventative methods, and the economic, physical, and social consequences of substance abuse. He has served on the Governor’s Substance Abuse Working Group, the Governor’s Rural Meth Action Team, the Board of Directors for H.E.L.P. of Southern Nevada, the Board of Directors for the 10,000 Kids Foundation and the President of (SNAAP) State of Nevada Association for Addiction Professionals. He has been honored with the Mayor’s Commendation and just recently received the Community Counseling Center of Southern Nevada’s Vanguard Award. David received his education in New York and Las Vegas. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics at the State University of New York and his Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Furthermore, he is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor Intern, a Certified Addictionologist, and a Detoxification Technician. In his spare time, David is a boxer. Lastly, but most importantly, David is a father and loves spending time with his16-year old son Owen, whether traveling, surfing, playing football, or hanging out at home.
Treasurer, Kimberly Landero
Graduated with a Master of Arts in Psychology and Marriage and Family Therapy from Regis University and hold a Bachelor of Arts in Humans services Management from the University of Phoenix, Las Vegas. She is currently licensed with the State of Nevada as a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LMFT/CPC). She is also a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) and an approved Supervisor for LCADC interns. She enjoys working with women, children and teens. She is a volunteer sponsor for Spanish Al-Teen meetings. Her heart holds a special place in helping those affected by addictions and trauma as well as those dealing with Autism spectrum disorders (Asperser) and ADHD. She has been a member of NAADAC since 1999 when her Mentor and teacher at CCSN Larry Ashley introduced his class to the SNAAP and has been a long time member and was president for 4 years. She has been employed at ABC Therapy LLC since 1999. Her passion and mission is to unite the all the disciplines of Medicine, LCSW, LMFT/CPC and Addiction professionals to work with in a Systemic approach.
- Secretary, Summer A. Pfarr BS, CADC
- Outreach Coordinator, Veronica Scala
Veronica graduated Pepperdine University with a degree in Advertising. After 10 years of sales she followed her passion to the recovery industry. She started her career as a detox technician with Sovereign Health while taking masters level courses in addiction at Pepperdine. After moving back home to Las Vegas, Veronica worked with Higher Path Living, a luxury sober living. Currently she is the Western Regional Director of Marketing for Oglethorpe Inc. which provides full residential and out patient addiction treatment. Veronica works extensively with Nevada's addiction task forces and recovery community holding the position of treasurer for the Southern Nevada Harm Reduction Alliance and is on the board for the CARE Coalition. She is also a certified SMART Recovery facilitator.
- Communication Liaison, Michelle LaJoice
Project manager and consultant with expertise in health care and technology for over 17 years. Michelle has a documented history of surpassing goals and delivering quality outcomes for companies such as Anthem Incorporated and Appirio Software Company. Ms. LaJoice is an expert consultative manager with strong analytical competency and has been accountable for collaboratively creating action plans resulting in the successful launch of several initiatives within start-up programs and organizations. Michelle is interested in leveraging her experience for continued growth in a leadership position.